itchy fingers

I've been buzzing with itchy, cast-on-a-million-projects-at-once hands lately.

1. After admiring it for ... oh ... at least six months ... I finally acquired the materials to make Lanaknits Designs' Lacy Little Top. After much debate, I went with the Aubergine colorway. This project is pushing me out of my comfort zone on so many fronts ... the skinniest yarn I've ever knit with ... the smallest needles I've ever knit with (size 3) ... and the most live stitches I've ever worked with (252)!! Oh, and my first lace project to boot. I must be insane! So far, so good. I've finished one pattern repeat!

2. Surf 'n Turf is on the homestretch ... I'm working on the front pieces now. I'll have to find buttons soon ... maybe some wood ones ...

3. After realizing that the Herringbone Mittens may have been a little too ambitious for my first stranded colorwork project, I frogged and cast on for the Manly Mitts. Well, not so manly anymore in purple! These photos are in evening lighting, so I apologize. I'll take better photos when the pair is finished.


All I'm missing is a thumb!

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...