Long time, no see

Wow, March really passed me by, didn't it? And most of April, too ... yeesh. I suppose news like moving to Mississippi will do that to you, huh? It's been a crazy couple months of househunting, breaking the news to everyone, and general excitement! And as you might expect, although the blogging got put on the backburner, the crafting didn't! So I have much to update y'all with (just practicing the new lingo).

Remember me? I am thisclose to finishing Surf 'n Turf, my first sweater! And just in time for warm weather, and moving to an even warmer locale! LOL!


So I finished all the pieces, successfully made my first-ever buttonholes, and embarked on seaming it all together ... honestly, the part that intimidated me the most. This time, I actually referenced a knitting manual for seaming techniques, instead of treating the pieces like sewing two pieces of cloth together (wrong sides facing, stitching with a seam allowance). Which, as you may have guessed, was not so successful in the past. I'm so happy with how it turned out! Guess I should read the directions more often ....



I seriously was not expecting these results on my first try! My shoulder seams still need some work, but that's fine by me!


I've discovered that it's more difficult than I imagined to really capture the beauty of this yarn's color changes in a photograph. This one is the best so far.



The only bummer? Get everything seamed, ends weaved in, and try it on to find ... the sweater is a little more cropped than I expected! Everthing else was perfect, so I referenced my handy manual again to learn how to pick up stitches from a bound off edge, and now I'm adding a little length. I think I have just the right amount of yarn leftover to pull it off.


No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...