patchwork dreams



So we're moving ... and buying a house ... which means new furniture ... and has me thinking, time for a new quilt for the new bedroom! Yup, this is how my brain works. The quilt currently gracing our master bedroom was my first ever ... not perfect, made with a LOT of help from Mom, but my first nonetheless!



Pretty bright, huh? I wasn't so hot at picking colors with light and dark contrast, LOL. I'm finding that my present tastes are leaning more towards the minimal. Like this cool, modern quilt in an old Sundance catalog:





And I love all the white in the Purl Bee's Zig Zag quilt:



And I have REALLY been inspired by Erin's x's quilt. Look here and here. I love the idea of making it mostly white dominated, with a pop of yellow or green or some other fun color randomly thrown in throughout. Hmm ... I'll need to keep it simple, since my skills are totally beginner. This is something I won't seriously pursue until we've finished the move and are semi-settled in in Mississippi. Until then, I'll just keep dreaming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As soon as we knew we were moving, I started planning a complete (imaginary) apartment full of (imaginary) yet-to-be-purchased furniture and accessories. Last night I found myself shaking my head at how cluttered it was already looking....glad to know I'm not the only person with this problem. :)

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...