pinwheels or crosses?

There's something about getting my sewing machine out that is addictive. After making one quilt, I immediately want to begin another. Luckily, I have a twin bed in need of a quilt and some cute jelly rolls patiently waiting for me to put them to use ... so now the question is, what pattern to make? I've never made a "jelly roll" quilt before, so I started with a quick Google search and quickly discovered that a lot of the eye candy I was finding all came from the same source: the Moda Bake Shop. OMG .... if you sew, this is your fair warning ... do not visit this site!!! Not unless you want to add a ton of projects to your must-make-now list ... soo many cute tutorials, sooo many cute free patterns!

These quilts are the top contenders in my search for a great pattern ... the difficulty level increases as the list progresses, and considering my pregnancy fatigue I'll most likely stick with something that is as simple as possible. So I'm pretty sure I'll be deciding between pinwheels (the Cartwheels Quilt) or crosses (the Positively Perfect Nap Quilt), but I really love all the beauties in this list ...

Positively Perfect Nap Quilt, by April Rosenthal of Prairie Grass Patterns.


Cartwheels Quilt, by Amanda Jean of Crazy Mom Quilts.


Avignon Picnic, by Andrea of Millions of Thoughts.

Cross Terrain, by Lee from Freshly Pieced.

Eli's Wheels, by Mary at the Tulip Patch.

Which would you choose?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eli's Wheel would be my choice.

Pumpkin said...

I'm dreaming of the day I move into my first apartment and get to have the room for a sewing machine and quilting. All of those look beautiful, I'm not sure I could ever make a decision. I say, make them all!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...