Ravellenic Finish #6


This was another fun, fast finish--with the added benefit of utilizing a pattern in my library already, for my love your library challenge! I'm guessing these mitts call for slightly over 1/2 a skein of MadTosh Chunky. And I need to revise my yardage usage for my previous spiced cocoa mitts, as I definitely think they used closer to 5/8 of a skein. Why do I say this? Well, I need to finally obtain a scale to be truly precise, but in short there is no way I could have finished these mitts with only the leftovers from the spiced cocoa mitts. I needed the 1/8 of a skein leftover from my very first lowbrow hat to get a complete set of mitts finished. If you take a close look at the right hand mitt below, you'll see that it is slightly brighter pink. I alternated my scrap "skeins" so the difference isn't too dramatic. Another happy finish!

Pattern: Give 'Em the Slip Mitts by Triona Murphy (link to my Ravelry project page), medium size
Yarn: Madelinetosh Tosh Chunky (colorway: Lepidoptra, a little over 1/2 skein)
Needles: Size 6 Knit Picks Harmony interchangeables and dpn's
Modifications: I ended up shortening the 8-row "travelling ovals" repeat to a six-row repeat. I didn't like how elongated the slipped stitch cable stitches looked after slipping them for three rows consecutively. So instead I just did one slip-stitch row and then crossed the cables on the following round.


No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...