slow going

Fall is soooo busy. So I find myself feeling like I'm not moving forward on my projects, but I have to remind myself that I am--just slowly. As you can see, I've picked my garter squish blanket back up again. I've just started the second ball of gray Homespun--once it's finished I'll move on to the next color section: blue! Right now I've knit 3/6 skeins of gray homespun, 3/6 skeins of orange Hobby Lobby Purl Bee yarn and 2/4 skeins of black Heartland. So really this project is moving along!

Over the weekend I decided to frog the brioche cowl that was one of my many WIPs I'm determined to finish or frog, and immediately used the yarn to cast on a Montague Street cowl. It's mitered squares, basically. It's knitting up super fast but I find myself not so much in love with it. I'm just not a fan of the big bumpy decrease ridge that mitering a square creates. Has anyone blocked a mitered square project before? Does blocking smooth that out? Since I feel so ambivalent about this project I may be ripping yet again, we'll see ... 


Today I'm linking up with Tammy's Stitch-Along Wednesday, Ginny for Yarn Along, and Nicole for Keep Calm Craft On.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I've never knitted mitred squares (never mind blocked them) so can't help there, but personally I think they look kinda funky. Maybe sleep on it before you decide to rip them out again!

Emily said...

I'm glad it's not just me! They look wonky ... maybe I'm not doing the decrease correctly!

Becki said...

Your garter squish blanket is looking great!

Unknown said...

Love those colors! Thanks for sharing.

Lucy Bowen said...

Your garter squish is gorgeous.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...