one win, one flop


Remember my "super secret" projects I started last month? One is nearly done, the other ... has been frogged. sigh. As you can see above, the mermaid tail blanket is just missing the fin! I'm about halfway done with it and should easily finish this week. The blanket for my husband? Well ... my newbie crocheter status began to start showing on that project ... notice the angle on that project edge below? Yeah ... that's not supposed to do that! I'll admit, I was being lazy and not counting my stitches after finishing each row. And very obviously you can tell that each row I was shorting myself a stitch or two! At this rate I would have made a weird oblong triangle. So luckily this was a secret project with no public commitment, and I have back up plans in the works. So this one has been frogged temporarily and I'll make this blanket for a future present (Valentine's Day perhaps?). Just goes to show not everything I make is a winner, lol!


Today I'm linking up with Tammy's Stitch-Along Wednesday, Ginny for Yarn Along, and Nicole for Keep Calm Craft On.

5 comments:

Una said...

A very easy mistake to make. I find turning and keeping the stitch count the hardest part of crochet.

heather said...

Ugh! The worst! I hate to frog, but sometimes you have to.

Emily said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Unknown said...

That is really such a common and easy mistake to make with crochet. When things don't unravel because you missed a stitch, it's really easy to miss a stitch. But crochet often works up so quickly that hopefully it won't be a big issue for you to fix!

Becki said...

I like your attitude about the mistake. Taking it in stride and ripping the thing out. I love the yarn you were using though.

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...