home dec mania

I like to start the new year off with a clean house ... and a lot of times, that means this last week of the year gives me the push I need to finish some home dec/fix-it projects that I've had on the "to do" list all year long. Do you remember when I first recovered my dining room chairs back in 2012? I did all six side chairs, and stopped before doing the two end chairs. Three years later, the seats were starting to look stained and shabby so it was high time I finished this project!

before

 after

This is our well-loved chair. It is humongous. And comfy. And showing it. The worst is the ottoman, since it becomes a defacto "table" for the kiddos. No before shots this time, just the after. I recovered the top of the ottoman. I have enough fabric leftover to recover the bottom cushion of the chair too--but that's a project I've never done before and I hope to do a trial run first!

 after

Last but not least, we have been in dire need of new kitchen table chairs all year. Luckily, we have an awesome Flexsteel factory outlet store here in town. Back in July I got the brilliant idea to do mismatchy chairs from there, unifying the chairs by spray painting them all black and using maroon shades of vinyl to recover the seats for easy cleaning.

 seat cushions before ...
 

 after

after

 after 

Now I just need to luck out and find two more chairs at the outlet to finish the set! It's a game of patience, as you never know what they'll get! Phew. I've never used a staple gun so much in my life!

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...