knit your library, vol. 6

 

I realized I never posted two of my February finishes for my knit your library challenge! First up, my first ever pair of tube socks. Kiddo likes them, so a second pair is already on the needles!

Pattern: Child's tube sock recipe (free!), link to my Ravelry project page
Needles: size 1.5
Yarn: Paton's Kroy Socks Stripes in Mexicala colorway
Mods: None!


And I went to an old favorite pattern of mine, for a quick finish hat for me! This is the lowbrow hat, which I knit at least six times two years ago (around this time of year, too!). The yarn is new though--Tanis Fiber Arts aran weight in the lemongrass colorway. Swooon. LOVE this!

Pattern: lowbrow hat (my Rav project page)
Needles: size 4 and size 7
Yarn: Tanis Fiber Arts aran weight, lemongrass
Mods: Nada!


After my leap year cast on craziness, the two projects that have gotten any love that qualify for the knit your library challenge are these two. I've finished the front and back set up for the top-down set-in sleeve pattern using my Ann Budd book, and now I'm ready to start using the lace charts from Campside!



 And my second pair of child's tube socks grew by an inch!



10 comments:

Amber said...

All of your knits are lovely. I will check out the child's sock pattern. My daughter just asked me to knit her a pair of socks. :)

Nancy McCarroll said...

Snapdragon Crafts: great name for your blog. The socks made me happy! Lucky kid to have a mom knitting up items. I will check into the knityourlibrary knit along, and thanks for the tip.

Nancy McCarroll said...

By the way, that link is not a working link for knityourlibrary. I will google it.

Emily said...

Thanks for letting me know! I can't fix it now that the link up is live, here's where it should go to:
http://snapdragoncrafts.blogspot.com/2016/01/knit-your-library-challenge-2016-edition.html

Emily said...

These tube socks are perfect if you want mindless knitting, since there's no heel! I really enjoy them--but it is a bit more bunchy with fabric since there's no heel.

Emily said...

Thanks! I'd love to have you join us!

Donna said...

Those tube socks are adorable. I like the colorway. I'll have to look for it.

Caffeine Girl said...

You are one busy knitter! You have very lucky kids to have such great knits to wear.

Julia said...

I like the idea of knit your library. I might be joining you soon! The lemongrass colorway is pretty!

steph said...

great projects....and I bet I have equally great ones lurking in my knitting library. I should spend more time there and less on ravelry!!!!!! Thanks for the reminder!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...