resolutions check in

 
We've officially finished the first quarter of the year (eeep!) and to stay on better track towards achieving my 2016 crafting resolutions I thought I should do quarterly progress checks this year. So what were my resolutions again??

  • Goal #1: ZERO yarn purchases this year. Success! I have NOT purchased anything! Shocker!
  • Goal #2: Empty at least two storage containers of yarn. LOL, not anywhere close.
  • Goal #3: Sew at least four quilts. One quilt top finished so far.
  • Goal #4: Knit at least three sweaters for myself. YES! One done!
  • Goal #5: Knit 50 charity projects. 14 newborn baby beanies so far.
  • Goal #6: Empty a storage bin of needlepoint projects. Oof. ZERO progress here.
  • Goal #7: Make new pillow covers for my front sitting room. No progress.
  • Goal #8: Continue to build my budding crochet skills. Yes! Multiple edgings and beanies made.
  • Goal #9: Dye my own self-striping yarn. Not yet!!
  • Goal #10: Continue my Love Your Library project! 7 finished projects so far!
I know it's crazy to add more goals to my list, but I realized over the last few weeks I have a few more specific things I want to do this year that fall in line with my "follow through" theme. Specifically, there are several knitwear designers that I have pined over their patterns for years now. So a subgoal for my "follow through" goal is to knit at least one pattern by these designers: Veera, Joji, and Mairlynd.

How's your crafting year been going so far?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Joji's stuff. I have done Autumn Blush and Sunset Shawl. And I love Spiders, but I hate spiders!!

Kate Essex said...

Omg yes to Melanie Berg and Veera Impossiblelastname. I have Veera's Stay the Same pullover on the needles, but it's hibernating right now (like my blog, yikes). Melanie Berg does a great 5-for-4 deal on her Ravelry patterns, so definitely buy a bunch all in one go. Drachenfels is my favorite and I need to make a few more as mine is all pilly, but she makes garter stitch magical with her patterns.

In other news, I am moving into a new house at the end of this week so my spare time is going toward packing right now, which I hate. Barf. But even with all this nonsense I am still reading your blog! Keep writing! Keep crafting! Keep following through!

Emily said...

I love almost everything she makes! She is soooo productive in knitting and pattern releasing I'm just in awe of her!

Emily said...

Awww, you have no idea how your comment made my day! I've been in a blogging slump lately, and it's so easy to skip posting when it feels like no one is reading. Thank you!!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...