mitten mania, part deux



Although I am totally in love with the Tiffany mittens, I decided they'd be a little too ambitious for my first colorwork project. So I've cast on for Elliphantom Knits' Herringbone Mittens instead. The pattern is great--but I'm off to a rocky start. I'm using U.S. size 3 dpn's, but my gauge is still totally off. So I'm going to frog and try size 1's ... if that doesn't work, I'll have to do some recalculating and reduce the number of stitches for the cuff. I don't mind if the body of the mitten is roomy, as long as the cuff is snug!

ETA: Ummm... total brain blip here .... in these photos, I was using size 8 dpns! Duh! When I re-cast on with size 3 dpns, it turned out perfect.


Look at this extra room! Yup... time to frog....

No comments:

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...