fast finish: lullington hat


My first finish of 2015! And it was a fun, fast one! My love of garter stitch is well-established--garter in the round? Not so much. That would be my ONLY quibble with this pattern--it calls for garter in the round. But given the aran weight, the rounds go fast and I found it surprisingly tolerable. I won this yarn last December and ooh, it was delicious to knit with! I'll definitely try to use some Posh Yarn again. You'll see this hat pattern again at some point this year ... I have several skeins of Madtosh Chunky that would look fantastic in this pattern.

Pattern: Lullington Hat (link to my Ravelry project page)
Needles: size 8 Addi's
Yarn: Posh Yarns Sylvia Aran (colorway: Wisteria Lane)
Mods: None! Fantastic pattern!

Linking up with Fresh Off the Needles at Hard Knit Life--see what everyone else has been making!

5 comments:

BeccaH / Nutmegknitter said...

Cute hat!

Emily said...

Thanks!

Click said...

Ooh that's pretty. I love the colour as well.

Catherine said...

I will be adding this to my Ravelry queue. I've just started knitting in the round and making my first pair of socks so this will make a great follow up project. Visiting via Freshly Finished Friday.

Anonymous said...

What a cute hat!! I'm going to have to cast one of these on...I also love garter stitch, not always in the round, but I do like a good squishy hat! I'm glad you linked up!!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...