Seahawks Super Bowl Mittens


I've had this Seahawks-inspired yarn in my stash for over a year now, and with the Super Bowl happening tomorrow I thought there was no better time to finally use it! These mittens are headed to my sister in Boise, Idaho (who needs them much more than I do!) who is the true Seahawks fan in my family. The yarn is Oink Pigments worsted in the colorway "slime time." It's a great mix of gray, navy blue, and neon lime green! This pattern is a freebie from Knitty, "borough." I chose it since I always think crazy variegated yarn looks better in garter or reverse stockinette. It was fun and fast, but the material isn't as thick in the center ribbed portion so it may not be as warm as I like there. The other downfall of this pattern is that knitting garter stitch in the round leaves a visible "seam" that I'm not all that crazy about. But, this works! The pattern is originally designed to be convertible, with a button to secure the top finger flap when wearing them fingerless. I opted to go traditional mitten instead, and just skipped the instructions that tell you to cast off stitches to separate the top flap.

Pattern: Borough (link to my Ravelry project page)
Yarn: Oink Pigment yarns in colorway Slime Time (only used about 2/3 skein)
Needles: Size 8 Addi Turbo's
Mods: see above!


1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Those a re great..I'm sure your sister will love them....even if not super warm...

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...