month #2: love your library challenge

 
It's month two of the love your library challenge! Let's see if I can keep this momentum going with another successful month! 
 

This month I feel the need for some instant gratification knitting. You can't get much better than baby sweaters for that! So I've cast on for a the shawl collar sweater for my baby boy out of The Expectant Knitter. I personally really dislike how the neckline appears in the project photo published in the book. But if you check out the project photos on Ravelry, this project looks pretty cute. I'm guessing the sweater is way too small for the model in this case--doesn't it look like the shawl collar is choking him? Shudder. I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash Paints in Colorway #9958, which is a variegated red/dark maroon color that I'm hoping will end up maroon enough to wear to spring Mississippi State University sporting events. I have a feeling it will end up closer to Alabama colors, though!

 
 

I also hope to do some more sewing, specifically the pomme potholder project out of the Spring 2013 issue of stitch magazine. Cute, huh?
 
 
What are you planning for this month of the love your library challenge? Link to your planning posts below! Newcomers, feel free to join in!
 

1 comment:

Christine N said...

Those baby knits are precious. I can't wait to see your finished projects.

I noticed on Jay Nick Knit Knacks there was a Love Your Library button... is there any way I could get one for my sidebar too?

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...